You can now order Grounded, A Gardener's Journey to Abundance and Self-Sufficiency.
Welcome to Byther Farm – we are growing.
Self sufficiency in a modern world
In November 2015 we moved to our small homestead in Monmouthshire to start a new life. We have taken steps towards self-sufficiency in our food through vegetable gardening and fruit growing, giving us more self-reliance and food security, with the added benefits of improved health and resilience.
The farm’s productive area was created using permaculture principles and we work with nature, not against it. We use traditional and natural methods to grow healthy, nutritent rich food. We grow biointensively to gain maximum yields from the space that we have.
Byther Farm is under an acre in size and has a food forest, raised bed garden and a small market garden. The fruit and vegetable production area covers approximately half an acre, providing food for our family and for a small Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) veg box project.
Our favourite quarterly magazine, filled with inspirational articles and practical solutions. Subscribers can access over 25 years of back issues electronically – that’s a lot of ideas and info!
On this site you’ll find
- more information about us
- my first book, Grounded – A Gardener’s Journey to Abundance and Self-Sufficiency
- the plants that we grow and how we grow them
- our media like our blog, podcast and links to our YouTube channels
- courses when they are available
- our CSA veg box scheme
- Byther Farm merhandise and
- resources, tips and guides to help you start your journey to self sufficiency in food
- ways that you can work with us whether press and media, a brand or a content creator.
More than anything I hope you’ll find this website interesting and useful as I continue to add fruit and vegetable gardening tips and ideas together with useful information from other gardeners and growers.